PHOTO CREDIT : Art by Anas Asghar – click on photo to see his creative digital art illustrations.
Today I will discuss my character layout for Karen Jefferson for my screenplay BLACK ANGELS – The Movie. Recently I wrote about my character outline for Commander Cardin and Priestesses Isis.
CORPORAL KAREN JEFFERSON
Karen is a Geological Science Officer assigned to Starship SIRUS-S757 under the command of Chief Mission Commander Cardin Mason. Karen and Cardin are in a relationship, with Cardin thinking of settling down with Karen, after this last vital mission on Earth.
But, if it’s up to King Osiris, their marriage won’t take place, because Karen’s bloodline is not of royal decent. If it’s up to King Osiris, he would have Karen to himself, like her mother before her( as rumours have stated).
Karen’s family comes from a long line of what they referred to as DREAMERS.
Dreamers are those who have the ability to enter someone else’s dreams without them knowing. Doing so can give them the option to change ones thoughts or actions. They are also enticing, provocative and can easily attract both sexes.
In her mid twenties* Karen would carelessly flaunt herself, attracting men or women of wealth or stature, even though it’s forbidden by the ELDERS OF DREAMERS. Even though DREAMERS can enter someone else’s dreams, it’s taboo to use this form of power for selfish reasons. DREAMERS are used in certain circumstances, to help the king or in the times of war, against their enemies. Karen is too proud and will do as she wishes, with or without the elders consent.
Karen is spoiled, with riches from her family. Her father, Torus is a prestigious Five-Star General in the Royal Emperor of Guards. King Osiris** relies on General Torus Jefferson for his high regard for the SIRIAN PEOPLE. As a Dreamer, his input is valuable, as is his keen interest in helping out as much as possible. General Torus loves to talk and is the centre of attention. His daughter Karen is his only child, so it’s understandable why she is spoiled. Karen’s mother died in a freak accident while visiting a neighbouring planet. Her death is still an “Open-Case File” with rumours, King Osiris may have been responsible.
Since her earlier life experiences with men and women relationships, Karen has grown a little more responsible (now in her thirties*) following heads-over-heels in love with Commander Cardin. Their flirtatious courting is quite comical from an outsiders point-of-view.
Karen Jefferson is intelligent and quick on her feet. She became a flight pilot officer by the time she was 21.
Her skills as a Geologist and a Flight Pilot became a useful asset to King Osiris, as he needed someone to find the RED CRYSTAL. Besides, the king is secretly attracted to Karen. Karen is unaware of the King’s intentions. As far as she’s concerned, her luck has struck gold. Having the king interested in her wellbeing is an honour.
CHARACTER OUTLINE FOR KAREN JEFFERSON
- Karen is in her 30’s*, sexy brunette with green eyes and considered a health nut. 8 stone (118 lbs or 53.6 kg) 5′- 8″ tall
- She can be stubborn and pretentious and won’t let anyone stand in her way, be it success or her man.
- Her ego is on a scale of 10.
- She enjoys flaunting her good looks and body, for all to see.
- It’s not like her to be with one man for very long, but she can’t resist the “bad boy” attitude of Commander Cardin.
- Once she’s hooked onto her partner of choice, it’s best to stay out of her way, if you know what I mean.
- She’s bi and had past relationships with both men and women.
- Her military skills are above the rest, excelling in martial arts, the art of knife throwing and master of automatic weapons.
- Her flying skills are considered reckless, but other men refer her to as a “Dare Devil”. Her nickname stuck as “”Sexy Rexy”.
- Karen can be the jealous type, sometimes seeing or read things that aren’t there. It’s best not to piss her off, as she will take a stand and fight, if need be.
- On a professional standing, Karen enjoys her work as a Geologist and loves to fly.
- Men are easily controlled by Karen, but not so much with women.
- Most women think Karen as conceded and a gold-digger. Unless, there’s a woman that’s attracted to her.
- She doesn’t like children, thinking of them only as a nuisance. Even though, the SIRIAN PEOPLE highly valued their children and consider them as rebirths of THE GODS OF SIRIUS.
Overall, the character of KAREN JEFFERSON is egotistical, arrogant and self absorbed. Even with her high intelligence, its all about KAREN and her goals in life. Anyone in her way – watch out!
INTERESTING ACTORS WHO COULD PLAY THE PART OF KAREN JEFFERSON :
- Olivia Wilde
- Emily Blunt
- Blake Lively
- Megan Fox
- Antje Traue
- Rebecca Ferguson
With the outline character of KAREN JEFFERSON, from a woman’s point-of-view, according to description of character and physical attributes, which actress do you think would be a great candidate to enrich the character of Karen ? Please comment below.
This concludes the developing character outline for KAREN JEFFERSON for my screenplay BLACK ANGELS.
My next CHARACTERS OUTLINE will continue with GILL CHRISTOPHER.
Please follow me here for a continuation of our screenplay studies and my stories from dreams to reality.
By Bari Demers – screenwriter and freelance writer
**The age of the SIRIAN RACE in Earth years is 3X. For example: 30 years old X 4 = 120 years in Earth years. Their lifespan is 4 X greater then the average Homo-Sapiens.
* King Osiris is your common political King, only concerned with his own self worth and riches. He pretends to care about his people, but in fact, he cares very little about them. King Osiris has the “me-me-me” syndrome, always concerned for his wealth and stature. On the outside he seems concerned for your health and welfare, but underneath lies an arrogant self-centred Sirian God, referred to as THE GODS OF SIRUS.
3 thoughts on “Character Karen Jefferson’s”