Love is unconditional. You may love or be miserable your whole life, it’s your choice.
Are you a LOVING PERSON or that “miserable” individual who believes the world owes them everything ?
It’s more apparent society is becoming this cold calculated self image, thinking only of themselves. I like to call it the ME factor. This self image has been around since the dawn of man, but now it’s more easily accessible throughout the world, via the internet.
Ever since Facebook and Twitter came on-line people are having the option to express their opinions.
Depending on how you choose to comment is your freedom of choice, but it also leaves a “footprint” of who you are as a person.
You can either blame others, showcase your ignorance, or take a minute to make an intelligent decision.
It’s your choice.
If you haven’t realized it by now, columnists are trained to make riveting “headlines” on a particular subject, specifically sparking “outcry” onto its viewers. They want you to comment without thinking, it’s a clever way to unleash backlash, making their article stand out in the crowd. In turn their ratings go up.
I’m sure you have read comments on Facebook, which will naturally make your blood boil, due to some poor ego tripping moron, who loves bashing people, tries to use “control” tactics upon others, or make uneducated remarks, just to feel important.
These kind of people are not only trying to impress you, but they are doing their best to impress themselves. They even can be considered as “morally wrong” human beings. Anyone knows, in the end the only person they’re fooling are themselves.
In life we all have choices.
Do we go through life feeding off of others to feel important, or do we take time to think of others?
Myself, I like to apply these simply rules to govern my life :
1. Never dwell on the past.
2. Before you speak or do, think first.
3. Treat others how you would like to be treated.
4. Love others with unconditional love.
5. Use your God given brain and try to make intelligent choices to the best of your ability.
6. Never intentionally harm another person.
7. Take a minute to enjoy the simple things in Life.
8. Watch your back. Keep vigilant, you never know when the wolf is at your door, until it’s too late. Unfortunately there are the bad.
9. Never be something your not.
10. Enjoy life as much as you can. Do the things you love to do before you can’t.
11. If you can, help others who are willing to help themselves first. Everyone needs a break sometimes.
12. Never ask for anything. This way you aren’t burdening a friend or family member. If you deserve it, it may come as a surprise gift from their heart.
13. Never feed a leaky faucet.
14. Be a real friend, never be fake.
15. Never allow a person to put you down. They don’t deserve you. Never go to their level. Walk away.
16. Make love not war.
In Life you have a choice, but whatever you do, will shape the type of person you really are. It’s your lasting FOOTPRINT onto society. It’s how you will be seen by others, even when you think they’re not listening.
The web is always listening.
As a freelance writer/screenwriter it’s vital to review your creative work, because once it’s on the Internet, it’s there for life. So, it’s important you realize this : Is your message something you want the rest of the world to read?
Today my message is : Be a loving person – you will surely be awarded in the end.
By Bari Demers
Below photo I took while having an afternoon luncheon at Gray Monk Estate Winery, in the sunny Okanagan.